This Memorial Day Weekend, the Atlanta Braves will honor the United States Military and pay tribute to those have served our country on Military Appreciation Night, Saturday, May 23rd. The Atlanta Braves invited fans to join the team in sending our nation's heroes to Turner Field for Military Appreciation Night, and thanks to a generous response, nearly 1000 members of the military will attend the game free of charge. Atlanta Braves Brian McCann, Mike Gonzalez, Kenshin Kawakami, and Rafael Soriano, and the Atlanta Braves Foundation are also among those providing tickets to recognize the service and sacrifices made by members of our nation's Armed Forces. Tributes planned for Military Appreciation Night include:
• Volunteers from Operation HomeFront, an organization that supports families of those fighting overseas, will present a giant American flag from Fort McPherson during special pre-game ceremonies.
• A pre-game tribute will honor local Purple Heart recipients, including veterans from World War II, Vietnam, the Korean Conflict, and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• The 3rd Infantry Division Band from Fort Stewart, Georgia, will perform the National Anthem. The Fort Stewart Band will also entertain fans before the game from 5:30-6:30 in Fan Plaza.
• The Air Force Reserve Command's 94th Airlift Wing from Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta, Georgia, will perform a flyover at the conclusion of the National Anthem.
• Nine members of the U.S. Military will "take the field" with the Atlanta Braves starting lineup to begin the game.
• An in-game ceremony will honor a local "Hometown Hero." Every game at Turner Field, the Braves "Hometown Heroes" program salutes one active military individual who has recently returned from the Middle East and has gone above and beyond in the call of duty.
• Recording artists Jessa and Alicia will lead the crowd in God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.
Every game at Turner Field, members of the military can receive a 2-for-1 ticket offer on Upper Box seats by showing their military ID at the Turner Field ticket windows.
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page
Arts Across Georgia
Healing 4 Heroes Assists Veterans with Service Dogs - Healing 4 Heroes is a nonprofit group based in Peachtree City whose mission is to train and place psychiatric service dogs to veterans with PTSD. What ma...
3 years ago